Mark:

> On May 27, 2018, at 4:18 PM, Mark Wheeler <mark3...@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to connect a 22” LCD TV to the P3 SVGA connection via the TV HDMI
> connection. I purchased a 9 pin serial to HDMI cable but the P3 does not
> appear to see it. I switched to the 2nd HDMI port on the TV, but still no
> joy. I have enabled the SVGA monitor option in the P3 menu settings also.
> Any suggestions?

The P3 has a 15-pin connector (5-5-5 pins per row) for SVGA which provides an
analog video output.  It is not a 9-pin serial output as you mentioned above.
The 9-pin RS-232 serial ports located next to the SVGA port (if installed) the
P3 are for interconnecting the P3 to the K3 (“XCVR”) and Personal Computer.  So
the first thing to check is to ensure that the SVGA video port is indeed
installed.

On-the-surface, it appears you’ll need a SVGA-to-HDMI converter to convert an
analog signal from the P3 to a digital signal compatible with HDMI.  SVGA was
initially defined as  1024 x 768 8-bit resolution, but the P3 P3 SVGA adapter
can handle up to 1920 x 1080 resolution (See: “P3SVGA Option Installation and
Operating Instructions” p. 3 that is available on the Elecraft website) so make
certain that whatever device you purchase is compatible with the resolution
levels of the P3SVGA.

> I do see on Amazon that I can buy a 19-22” LCD monitor for about $100…

But with what kind of video interface does it have: Is SVGA available or only
digital (DVI or HDMI)?

Hope this helps,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
(Currently in Columbia, SC)