I don't think my KAT500 (FW 01.75) is old enuf to suffer from the kind of
memory problems I have, but it doesn't seem to do what I expect it to do. I
was just changing my antenna lineup and I have three antennas connected to
the rear:

Ant 1 -- a 17/12 m coupled resonator dipole -- wants to be in bypass mode
Ant 2 -- a 20/15/10 tribander with 6 m 3el coupled resonator -- wants to be
in bypass mode
Ant 3 -- an 80 CF-zepp -- wants to be in auto mode and used on 160, 80, 60,
40 and 30 meters

Each antenna wants to be the default on the bands shown, although Ant 3 can
be used on all bands, I can change manually if needed.

I can cause the tuner to remember to change antennas as I change bands, but
it won't seem to remember whether to be in auto or bypass mode as the band
changes. This is the case whether I just set it and use it on the bands, or
if I try using the config program (1.16.7.25) to force it. I don't think I'm
asking it to do more than it should -- am I missing a crucial step or
setting?

Joel Hallas, W1ZR
Westport, CT