The cesium and iridium clocks at National Institute of Standards and
Technology through WWV and WWVH broadcasts, provide the time signals to the
Global Positioning System satellites which without time signals to the Wide
Area Augmentation system from WWV & WWVH are not accurate for navigation
purposes.  The  WWV and WWVH broadcasts also provide the time signals for
satellites and space probes.

These signals also provide the time stability for all the Joe Taylor
communication modes.

The bit about my $30 wrist watch being incredibly accurate is not important
in the grand scheme of things.

73 Lee
NORRL