I’ve engaged in plenty of ultralight HF pack operation, with a KX2, AX1 antenna
and a dragged counterpoise. In wide open spaces it’s a blast. But urban
settings with dogs, wire-eating cacti and overzealous Neighborhood Watchers can
distract from one’s radio experience.

So, just for grins, I’d like to try something completely incognerdo: no visible
antenna. A small remotely tuned loop (say 12” diameter) would seem to be the
best choice, as it would fit entirely inside a small backpack. It could have
modest efficiency while not requiring a counterpoise wire. Rigid 1” copper pipe
formed in a square would be convenient to deploy.

The loop would be only 6 to 8” from soft tissue, so you’d want to run QRP, of
course.  OTOH, we’re talking about HF. A cellphone by your ear is probably
worse.

Any other antenna suggestions?

Wayne
N6KR