I'm having similar problems after going from Windows 7 to Windows 10.    I'm using a KX3 on FT8 with WSJT-X, cheap $10 Sabrent USB Soundcard, nothing in the 9-pin RS-232 wired port of a Dell Inspiron 3670.  It all works well most of the time, but ... .

Occasionally I  get one of the two error messages you show.

My conjecture is that is has something to do with the COM ports, or shortage thereof.  The KX3 utility lists only one, COM3, when I try to download to the KX3.  It appears the COM3 port was taken over by another peripheral, maybe a printer?  Sometimes a reboot of the PC fixes it, but it would be nice to have a permanent solution.

Can you communicate to the K2 using the K2 Utility?

73 de david, KC1DNY, in the Maine woods.

elecraft KX3 s/n 8651