With Windows, DEVICE MANAGER is your friend.  Having it open and on screen, you
can plug in devices or unplug devices and see, in real time, the port they are
using.   This will then be the port to assign in an application.  Also check
the parameters of the port to assure the device can communicate with the port.

Bob, K4TAX

Sent from my iPhone