I'm going to take these two postings and suggest the possibility of RF
getting into the USB link to the PC causing it to drop samples.

Check the grounds and make sure there is a good ground connection between
the PC, Signalink and the radio equipment. Try ferrite beads (Mix 31) on
the USB line or a different USB cable.

73,

Mark
W7MLG