Brian:

> On Sep 16, 2019, at 10:13 PM, Brian F. Wruble <bwru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I may need to buy another unit for my K3.  I just discovered that they are
> no longer sold through the Elecraft website.  Is that correct?
>
> Do I buy directly from RemoteRig?  Are they available anyplace else?

The Elecraft website still lists the Remote Rig units (RRC-1258MKII) for use
with the K3/0-mini with pricing but there aren’t images showing what the
products look like.   I was also able to add the Remote Rig 1258MKII  to the
website’s ‘cart’ so presumably that means they are still available.

An alternative source is Ham Radio Outlet.  The last time I looked, they were
selling the entire line of Remote Rig products.  However, RRC-1258MKII units
purchased through HRO would require the user installing the proper internal
jumpers to work with Elecraft whereas the version offered by Elecraft are
preconfigured for their products.  HRO also offers the RC-1216H that provides a
web-based interface to remotely manage the KPA-500 as well as certain rotors
such as the Green Heron RT-21.  I purchased two RC-1216H devices - one to
control my KPA-500  and the second to control my Orion rotor through the Green
Heron controller.  I just wish they expanded their product’s capability to also
manage the KAT500!

Hope this helps,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
Keller, TX