maybe the real questions are     will the KPA500 work withan ALE requirement????

Band jumping and other cool stuff are essential for  ALE.

On 6/29/2020 11:52 AM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
I think as a Ham, you can use anything you want on the Ham bands. As a
manufacturer to sell it, it may need type acceptance for the service
it is intended to be used in.

Lots of people use aviation HF rigs on the Ham bands and you can use
an amp that works on 11M or with more than the allowable gain. A
manufacturer can't sell that for use in the Ham bands, but an
individual Ham can use anything as long as it is operated within the
regulations. I know a friend that has a huge amplifier capable of
maybe 10kW. He got a visit from the FCC (long ago, don't think they
care now). He showed them how it was correctly operated within the
regs and how he had the ability to measure it and assure it was. The
FCC guy wished him a good day.

Other services where the operator is not technical and has not passed
a technical exam require radios type accepted for that service as I
understand things.

73,

Mark
W7MLG