Lyn,

How do you measure your antenna's performance?

In many cases, not necessarily yours, antenna performance seems to be based
on countries worked, achieving WAS/DXCC, "It's way better than last year's
antenna.", or "I worked Pitcarin Island last week."  None of these
"measures" are meaningful.  I am a big proponent of having a half-wave
dipole as one's "standard" antenna then using the RBN, WSPRLite, etc. to
capture same-time data on the performance of each antenna over time.

In other words, to say one's antenna works, is meaningless.  To say it works
well is also meaningless.  To say it works better than...can have some value
and perhaps even meaning.

73, Bill, K8TE

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/