-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darwin, Keith
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:22 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Spam

>Last night my personal e-mail in box was spammed by a purveyor
>of an after-market item for Elecraft radios...I strongly resent this
intrusion...

Gee Jerry, welcome to e-mail.  Unwanted e-mail messages appear in
everyone's in-box.  That in itself should be no big deal.

> I am a listed Elecraft builder...I will not put myself in the
> position of hawking an outside vendor's product, for the vendor's
> profit, to my ham radio friends...

I think that's a great approach.  Bravo.

You sound upset and I'm wondering why.  How does receiving an unwanted
e-mail ad put you in the position of hawking someone else's products to
your customers?  The ad arrived, you didn't want it, you deleted.  No
further action is required.

I received the same e-mail message.  I was glad to see it and am
considering doing the upgrade.  To me it isn't spam at all.

73

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the
original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability