Thanks Wayne for the encouragement.  Since I’ve become involved in our local
club-Portland Amateur Radio Club, or PARC , we’ve encouraged members to get out
of the home shack and try outdoor operating. As is true with many urban
dwellers we all fight noise and space issues,and no better way to hear what the
bands are doing plus get some exercise. SOTA has become very popular here in
Oregon-lots of summits of varying degrees of accessibility so almost everyone
can participate. Also been a real boost to QrP and CW.

Dan Presley 503-701-3871
danpresley@me. com
n7...@arrl.net