All this discussion about the antenna caused me to carve out a little time this
afternoon to go to a suburban summit. Perfect setting for the AX1 as there’s no
good trees and since it’s also somewhat of a park -wires around and in the air
are frowned on. Also with limited time a quick setup and tear down is
important. My usual setup is a small lightweight tripod (light stand) that goes
to 6 feet and elevated radials (3 13’). I have alligator clips on the end of
the radials for easy attachment to anything like some grass or a shrub. ATU in
the KX2 hardly ‘clicked’ for a match. In 45 minutes  I worked 22 stations (12
states),Japan and 4 ‘S2S’-summit to summit contacts on 20 and 15 M CW 5 watts.
Best report was 599 from OK..almost pulled off an S2S with JH3PLL. Kept asking
‘N7??’ but we couldn’t quite pull it off. And everything except the tripod
packs into a small LowePro bag. Summit W7O/WV-099 if you follow that. Thanks
for a great product Wayne.

Dan Presley 503-701-3871
danpresley@me. com
n7...@arrl.net