Hi all.  I recently put a remote antenna switch in my HF system.  This
switch (a WA4MCM kit, RAAS-4a) is capable of reading band data from several
radios, including my Elecraft K3S.  For several years I have had a KPA-500
amplifier in line, working seamlessly with my K3S, band switching
automatically, etc.  In order to get band data for the new switch, I
installed the "Y" cable that came with the KPAK3AUX Cable set that I
purchased with the amp.  After installing the new switch, everything works
fine, with a couple of small "quirky" things.  For the past year or so, I
have had my amp set to automatically go into stand-by when I switch bands.
After installing the new switch, I noticed that when changing bands, the amp
no longer automatically goes to stand-by.  Furthermore, after making a band
change and transmitting for the first time on the new band (with the amp in
"operate" mode), the amp will drop out of "operate" shortly after keying up.
No error message or error beep happens, it just drops out.  After manually
putting the amp back in "operate" mode, everything was fine.  After I
noticed that, I just disabled the automatic switch to stand-by feature of
the KPA-500, and that took care of that.  Another interesting, and possibly
more significant, anomaly I noticed after installing the new switch is
according to the display on the amplifier, the amplifier is always on the 60
meter band, displaying "5.3 MHZ".  I normally only display the temperature
of the amplifier, but my son noticed this when he was operating from my
station and changed the display.  When he noticed this, we were operating a
special event station and had operated on most bands other than 60 meters
for quite some time with the amp apparently set for 60 meters, with no
obvious ill effects.

The designer of the switch says that each band data channel only draws
around 4 mA, with each channel buffered by a transistor switch in an attempt
to isolate the band data voltage from the radio.  In my working days in the
entertainment industry, I would use a distribution amp to give me multiple
audio outputs when needed.  Is there such a "distribution amp" available for
the band data signals?  Would the Elecraft KRC2 accomplish this?

I appreciate any input offered on my situation.

73,

Ken, KJ9B