Download (or look at) the schematic for the switch/controller.
It has 3.3V zener diodes across each of the BCD inputs.  The
K3/K3S has pull-up resistors to *5 V* on each of the BCD
outputs.

The switch is not allowing the inputs to the KPA500 to reach
the 5V necessary to resister as "High" thus the input is
always 0000 (or 60 Meters).

I suggest you contact the designer/manufacturer of your switch
and ask him what hi will do to fix his defective product (since
he claims compatibility with Elecraft).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV