On 9/1/2023 7:21 PM, Michael Carter wrote:
One clarification on the AUXBUS signal: the
'auxbus' is Elecraft's proprietary 1-wire
signaling scheme by which the main MCU
on the K2 Control board talks to all of the
other controller ICs on the various option
modules and the I/O controller (relay driver,
among other functions) on the K2 RF board.
The 'auxbus' signal is made available via the
KIO2 interface, if installed, for use with
external Elecraft modules (e.g. the KAT100
ATU, KPA100 PA, and the transverter modules).

One caution -- I was told by someone at Elecraft years ago that not all later products implement it. I think I remember KAT500 and/or KPA500. I'm using Auxbus from K3s KRC2s to generate band data to switch bandpass filters. Very nice - a single coax from K3 to KRC2. I don't remember what format the filters wanted. That was W6FB's project, I think.

73, Jim K9YC