Jozef,

For what it is worth, the lone term "ham" should be used carefully in my opinion. It is also used in theater and other efforts of endeavor, and in some cases, it is not always viewed in a positive light.

I am always careful to use the words "Ham Radio" together except in cases where I am discussing withe another amateur or someone who is quite familiar with the hobby.

73,
Don W3FPR

Jozef Hand-Boniakowski wrote:
I always remember wanting to be a "Ham". I have now been a ham for 43 plus years having acquired WN2MIC in 1963. It is a respectful term as well as one of endearment, in my opinion. If the public at large is unfamiliar with or find the term "ham" as odd or unusual, then I suggest an opportunity has opened to educate them.

Jozef WB2MIC