Even though I built and installed a KSB2 a year or so ago, this week
is the first time I've actually used it. I have to admit, phone
operation is sort of fun, though I'm not likely to spend much time
outside contests doing it - altogether too much like a telephone.

One question: there doesn't seem to be any sidetone in the headset
when I transmit. I made some recordings of my audio output (to
play back for W7GH, who was also testing out his KSB2), and we
both noticed that there is some ... murmuring when I'm transmitting,
but nothing intelligible.

I thought the lack of sidetone would be an issue, but it doesn't
seem to be. Still, I'm curious - what's the murmuring? Should there
be audible sidetone?

73 de chris K6DBG