> CI-V also allows for multiple controllers, though I
> have yet to see any other application that appears
> to properly implement its CSMA/CD protocol.

There is no carrier switching or collision detection in the
CI-V protocol.  The data packets do not carry any checksum
or sequence number both of which are required for CSMA/CD.
CI-V is a pure aloha protocol - if the packet gets lost or
damaged the originator must resend if it does not get
the expected reply.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV