FYI...

On Feb 17, I sent an email to K3Support describing the "issues"
described in Wayne's recent announcement of ver 1.69.  That's a
Sunday.

Later that day (Sunday), I received my first reply from K3Support
indicating "we never heard of that one."

Subsequent emails (plural) from Aptos, through to the end of day Feb
18, supplied me with a litany of things to check; from confirming
clearances inside the radio and ensuring that a nearly microscopic
wire (patch) had been installed (it was - and they included a
super-close up photo file), to confirming that the house ground (green
wire) was actually intact.  I did all of these and everything checked
out okay (no mistakes at this end).  I reported this back to Aptos.

Then I received an email notification from Aptos that another user had
experienced a similar issue.  We had both tagged it to the KEY IN
jack.

On Feb 19, I received a direct email from Aptos which included a
zipped file with v 1.69....which proved to be the fix.

BTW, I think that you need to read the announcement very carefully.
IMHO, the "40 wpm" part is with respect to the Internal Keyer.  The
other stuff (external keyer, external hand key, external computer)
were not dependent on 40+ wpm.  Happened to me at only 32 wpm using an
external device (computer keying).

So...what do we have?

Initial notification of issue:  Sunday Feb 17
Options suggested, tried, and "no effect":  Feb 18 (legal holiday)
Firmware solution delivered:  Feb 19.

Zowie!  Is this a land speed record or what?

If they will have me again, I'll be volunteering at the Elecraft Booth
at Dayton again this year.  How can you say thanks enough for that
kind of support?????

de Doug KR2Q
(totally impressed)