In WSJT's FSK441 screen, there is a useful little window that plots the
amplitude of the noise floor and the decoded signal burst, if any, against
audio frequency. Since FSK441 uses four tones ranging in frequency from 882 Hz
to 2205 Hz, the net passband (after all stages) should ideally be flat from
about 850 to 2250 Hz, given good signal frequency accuracy. However, the WSJT
FSK441 software is designed to find and decode signals as much as +/- 400 Hz
from the nominal receive frequency, which extends the requisite passband from
around 450 to 2650 Hz.

With my TS-B2000, I cannot achieve this. Using the widest possible filter
selections and the best possible RX equalization and DSP settings, the best
that can be achieved is a "sort of flat-ish" hump-backed curve, with both ends
rolled off from the center by a dB or two, the high end being rolled off more
than the low end. It still "works" (on signals of adequate strength), but it is
far from ideal.

Is the K3's passband flat over this range of audio frequencies using the
2.7/2.8 kHz filter, or if not, can it be made effectively flat by the use of
custom equalization settings? I should think the answer would be yes, but I'd
like to hear from somebody who has perhaps done it and seen the resultant flat
noise profile in the FSK441 display.

Bill W5WVO