Iv'e been getting away from using Anderson Powerpole connectors and now relying
on Tyco Electronics/AMP Power Lock Connectors. Essentially the same thing, but
much higher quality. They will mate with the Anderson line so no problem there.
A lot of people have complained at how easily the powerpoles come apart. I did
some testing and found that it takes about 3 lbs of force to pull two
powerpoles apart, while it takes 8 lbs for the AMP connectors. With an AMP
mated to Anderson, it takes 6 lbs. With the AMP connectors, it takes
considerably more force to mate them and there is a distinct snap/click sound
when they go together. The pins are thicker and they have "wings" on them so
they don't flop around in the housing like the Anderson ones do. Also, they
don't require a roll pin to lock them together. There is a little tab on the
housing that locks one half of the connector to the other. They do cost more
but your getting a higher quality product in my
 opinion. Anyway, for those of you that have an issue with the way Anderson's
"lock" together, you might want to give these a try. I get mine from Mouser.
http://www.mouser.com/catalog/632/1186.PDF

Eric N3EF