> You can always drive a linear amp with a QRP signal, but under FCC
> rules, producing more than 480 watts out with 15W in is prohibited for
> a type-accepted amplifier (15 db gain).

Of course! Too much blood in my caffeine stream. But if there were, say, a
convenient attenuator pad that could be bypassed by a motivated amateur...

> err, why not just build up another KPA-100 and leave it with the
> KPA800?

No reason, really, aside from cost (which might pale in comparison to the
KPA800!)

Mostly, I guess, I hope that any such amp will be as well integrated with
the K2 as the K3.

73 de chris K6DBG