Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:

Note that the KPA800/1500 was first shown with the K2, and was closely
integrated at that time.

It would work well with the K2, but it was designed to work with other popular rigs from ICOM, Yaesu, Kenwood, etc. as well. It is not 'closely integrated' in the way that the KPA100 is!

Rumor:  I've heard that the amp worked really well mostly, but there was a
problem that caused much failure of the expensive power devices.

I asked Eric specifically why the amplifiers were delayed. Did they meet IMD goals? He said that there was only one reason: the K3.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco