I cam home this evening to look at my K3 on 6 meters.  All I have now is a
dummy load, but never had the K3 on 6 meters.  Here is what I found....

Hooking the dummy load to the HF antenna port (goes from the K3 to the amp to
the watt meter, to the tuner (bypassed) to a coax switch) and then to the dummy
load.  The k3 acted flaky...and the tuner would tune it, but it would not stay
tune and the SWR would go nuts and the power were back way down.

Hooking the dummy load to the K3 with all the other stuff in line....worked
great for the 5 minutes I tested it.  No issues at all.  Stayed at 100 watts to
the dummy load.

So, I am sure the HF stuff was messing with the internal tuner of the K3.

It will be interesting to know the details of the fix.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?