Hello,

I am not sure what your signal source is for your calibration and I have not
researched this topoc on this reflector so it may be covered in detail by
others.  I will convey what I have found about S meter calibration.

"SMTR SC" and "SMTR OF" affect each other so if you change on you have
affeced the other.  There are several combinations that will yeild S9.  If
you have a signal generator and or a power meter you will see the
relationship.

I tried the calibration with the Elecraft generator and found it to be
accurate at S9 and S3 as advertised.  When I checked the K3 S meter with my
signal generator at values other than S9 and S3 I found the meter to be off
significantly.

Through trail and error using my 8640B sig gen I found that if I played with
different values of SC and OF that I could bet the S meter do display very
accurately from S1 to S9+30 and everything in between.

If you have access to a good signal generator and spend some time you can
make the S meter very accurate.  If you only have the Elecraft generator you
will be accurate at S3 and S9 but beyond that you wont know.

I hope this helps,
Ken, N0QO