hi Alexandr,

Alexandr Kobranov schrieb am 26 Sep 2008 um 9:23:

> are the birdies dependent on bandwith also?

yes they are. I can see them on the Panadapter very easy, and they jump
aside when I change XFIL:

> I have had similar problem with ma K3 base unit and replacing of RX
> mixer - small board, the same applied in KRX3 solved this.

ok I'll try this.

> So my recommendation - swap RX mixer boards between base and KRX3 and
> compare results. I is what I will try is this case.

I get the loudest birdie when I touch the relay or toroid on the K3SYN.

> About sound main/sub - what is used XFIL? if 5 poles what is offset
> differenciies?

I switched the filters in the main and sub receiver but it did not change this
sound. I think it could be a AGC effect. I have the feeling that with AGC off
the effect is less.

> If 5 poles, try to little bit change offset for one of them and compare.
this did not change anything. It has to do with AGC I think.

> I have my KRX3 just on USPS so not able to test here directly.
I am vy interested what you find when you have it installed!

I found another anomality: if sub rx and main rx are linked together, this
does not affect the coarse tuning with the RIT knob. Only the main VFO is
tuned and you have to press A>B to have the two VFO's on the same
frequency again. Maybe it is intended?

73! de Werner OE9FWV

--
Reality is for people who lack imagination.

Email powered by Pegasus Mail free at <http://www.pmail.com>
Homepage: <http://www.qsl.net/oe9fwv/>
Fone +43 5522 75013
Fax +43 820 555 85 2621