Hi, Don,

I did double-check and the RANT is off.

What you say about the RF setting is interesting.  I am confused about what
that setting is supposed to be.

If I set RF=36 (the IF of the Transverter) then the display comes up as
50XXX.XX.   If I set the RF=50, the display comes up as 64XXX.XX.

However, you could be right.  Perhaps I am supposed to set the RF=50, then
use direct frequency entry to get the display back to the 50 MHz band.
There was some mention of that in the manual, but I didn't really understand
it at the time.

I will give that a shot when I get home this afternoon.  Thanks for the
reply and for (hopefully) pointing me in the right direction.  I'll let you
know how it turns out.

Thanks again and 73,

John, WA6L

John,

Is there a possibility you have RANT turned on for the TRN1 band?  Check
in the menu.

If you still can't hear on the 6 meter band, switch to the TRN1 band and
attach an antenna direct to the K2 antenna jack.  Can you hear the 14
MHz signals?  If so, the K2 is doing its job and you should look to the
transverter for further problem solving.

It will make no difference in reception, but I do find it strange that
you have set the TRN1 RF at 36 - it would normally be set to the
frequency of the transverter output (50).  You may have to do a direct
frequency entry to jump-start the display at the proper frequency.