Hi,

Before I bought the K3, I too, was concerned about the fact that the main
(A) VFO display would not change when transmitting with split enabled, but I
am no more. There are a number of indications in the display that I am in
split mode, the delta-F LED is lit, the TX arrow points down to the B VFO
and unless you have an alternate display in the B VFO it will display the
transmit frequency. To have the main (A) display change when transmitting
really only makes sense when there is just one frequency display (which is
what I was used to, too). And I agree with Greg that having it swapping with
each dit on CW would drive me crazy. I also agree that when operating split
it is prudent to have the B display set for the B VFO frequency.

Knut - AB2TC

Greg - AB7R wrote:

> What you say is true enough.  But I think when most people are operating
> split they
>
> have the VFO B normal display on and not the alternate display.  Of course
> nothing
>
> like that is true all the time...but I think it is true most of the time.
>

> I like to operate QSK and to me having the VFOA frequency change rapidly
> while
>
> sending CW would just drive me bonkers....more so than I already
> am....just ask my
>
> dog!  :)
>
> <snip>

-----