Hi Bill

Here's my two penn'orth:

Operating in dxpeditions I usually use around 28 to 32wpm, down to 20wpm depending on conditions, eg 160m. In ideal conditions I would get up to around 190 contacts per hour and my friend SWH would get around 260 at similar speeds. The bottom line is that 3 or 4 per minute was considered necessary to justify all the expense of getting there. What limited me was my inability to mentally sort the hailstorm of incoming cw signals which forced my rate down to 160 or less on occasion. A K3 will help me next time. BTW on ssb my co-operator got up to 340 contacts in an hour I remember at 3am when we were on together.

73
David
G3UNA

Dave, here's something to ponder. 4L0A currently has the World high-claimed
score for the Multioperator-Single Transmitter category.  They made ~7300
QSOs in 48 hours with ONE transmitter.  That means they made 7300/48 = 152
QSOs every hour on average. That's ~2.5 per minute or roughly one complete
QSO every 24 seconds over the entire 48 hour period.  Perhaps now you see
their obsession with saving time by minimizing the exchange and sending it
at high speeds!

73,  Bill