Back in the 1950's the "ultimate" Ham rig include a kilowatt amplifier for
each band, often stacked in a cabinet on the desktop or in a rack alongside
the desk (we still had to adjust our transmitters when we QSY'd in those
days). Separate amps allowed one to optimize the circuits and have them
pre-set for each band.

Perhaps it's time to revisit that concept with a K3 for each band, or at
least a K3 for each mode, so all the presets, tweaks and adjustments can be
made in advance and one only need select which rig to use!

Picture a stack of at least four K3's optimized for SSB, CW, Data, and FM or
a stack of 11 of them to provide one per band.

My fantasy doesn't quite reach to one per band and one per mode, but what a
sight that would be...

Ron AC7AC