I haven't noticed any "clicking" either.

As to selective fading, it sure would be a good thing if the AM sync
detector were high on the priority list.   I hate it that my manual
continues to be so out of touch.  Or maybe I'm the only K3 owner who
is not a CW Contester or operator of PSK31/RATT/<digi mode of your
choice>  :-)

Grant/NQ5T