Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy wrote:

> Larry N8LP wrote on 24 Februay 2009, at 02:40.
>
>> I think the days of receivers with xtal filters are numbered.
>
> So don't put the old horse out to pasture just yet :-)

I recall Icom's President Mr. Inouye saying something similar to Larry's
comment just after the IC-756PRO was introduced (~10 years ago).  Then Icom
added even more crystal filters to keep the 7600/7700/7800 in the
performance ballpark with Orion...and then the K3.  I bet he wishes he had
never said that.

73,  Bill