I second Cookies comments.

The self righteous of the comments from some QRP advocates is a continual
annoyance. I have seen these same comments time and time again on the
reflector. Let it go!

Why do the QRP fanatics have to lobby so hard for thier cause? Can't they
let people make thier own decisions? One size does not fit all! There is a
real insult to those who do not hold thier views hidden (or not so hidden)
in thier comments.

If you think I am talking to you, I probably am! Do us all a favor and do
not reply. We already know your opinion!

This is the kind of stuff that makes some people not want to use the
reflector. I hang in here because of the wealth of technical info. I have my
mail all presorted by sender and Subject. I also use the delete key!  So no
lectures on how deal with this.

BTW, I have a KX1 (fully loaded with the smd cw tuning aid that I built
myself) that I use when backpacking in the High Sierras and when hanging out
in Golden Gate Park here in San Francisco. I also have a K3-100 kit. As nice
as it is, it was only when I picked up an Ameritron 811-H amp that I started
making progress on several awards. In no time I got the last five states I
needed for WAS CW and am close to getting DXCC. Before I got the amp, I had
85 confirmed countries. I now have 92 and am awaiting cards/LoTW for 17
recent contacts!  I live on a small San Francisco lot and use a twisted
semi-flattop dipole cut for 40 meter cw. It is a real sky warmer but with
the amp and 500 watts it covers the world. I have parts of a Cushcraft MA5B
for 20. The two element Yagi on 20 really helps even though it is heavily
trapped and low to the ground. Again, the 500 watts really helps!