the "Kick" discussions responding to my question about why caps would  fail
in the low-band filter relay firing circuits on my K2/KPA100 have been very
interesting.

That there could be such a kick was not a surprise to me so much as that it
could be so enthusiastic.  Don Wilhelm reports that the "relay driver" in  the
kpa100 has such diodes.  Where? inside the relay enclosure?  It  doesn't seem
like shunting off this higher voltage  in the octal  driver would work more
than once.

Suppose the diode is in the relay. Because some of these diodes may  have
failed due to the excitement of past  ESD events, how would I  check to see
which
ones were ok?  Would the Diode checker on my fluke check  a circuit which had
both a coil and a diode - I;m assuming they would be  parallel.

Or is this whole line of reasoning nuts? Should I go back to idea of
stocking up on 100 volt caps and replacing all of them the next time one  fails?

73   AI4TO  John Ferguson M/V   Arcadian
**************New Deals on Dell Netbooks – Now starting at $299 (A
HREF=http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1219939010x1201342897/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fa
d.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B213771626%3B35379597%3Bw)