From: ac...@aol.com [mailto:ac...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:51 PM
To: k2qi....@gmail.com; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: machined concentric knobs from Mouser

Any way you can post some pictures?

Mike AC6JA
K3 #3215

K2 #0028

In a message dated 7/29/2009 4:47:44 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
k2qi....@gmail.com writes:

I received my machined concentric knobs today from Mouser, and as promised,
I would write back to the group with my findings.  First of all, the knobs
are incredibly well made and appear to be anodized black. There is a fat,
white, indicator stripe on the barrel. There are also two set screws.  The
knobs fit PERFECTLY on the K3 with absolutely no shimming or modification
required.  Just take off the old plastic knobs and replace with these.

The knobs themselves are expensive - somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 or
14 dollars per pair, but in my opinion well worth the investment.  The outer
diameter and length of the knobs themselves are also a tad larger than the
OEM plastic pieces, making adjustments easier for fat-fingered types.

Anyway, this is the part number again for anyone interested: 506-KN5700B1/4

The only downside to this is now none of the other knobs match, and all feel
"cheap" compared to these Mouser units.

73 de James K2QI

  _____