Hi John,

The K3's knobs were custom-designed (by me). They match, too :)  So
the thought of using knobs from another vendor on a K3 is a bit
painful....

It's true that our knob manufacturer used the wrong material for one
early batch of the dual concentrics. But we caught most of them,
rejected the rest of the stock, and we've been replacing them in the
field as quickly as possible. The correct material is very strong, as
you'd expect.

If anyone feels their K3 knobs are substandard in any way, they can
request new ones at no charge.

I suppose some operators might prefer a full set of machined knobs,
but you can imagine how the cost of K3 would have to increase given
$14 per small knob, and more for the larger ones. Like most other
manufacturers, we've tried to keep our rigs cost-effective, yet still
aesthetically pleasing.

(That said, would you pay $200 for those knobs if we designed them for
you? Just asking....)

73,
Wayne
N6KR