I would like to add that we, VR2, are also suffering from CB type splatter
generated from YB stations.  Their audio is just so easy to be recognised.

Again, it has been what I experienced on air and without any intention to bad
month any individual YB station.

73

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ juergen piezo <plebia...@yahoo.com>
收件人 Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期﹕ 2009/9月/27 (星期日) 11:22:11 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] An interested link

A good link for  learning how to generate splatter. ESSB has no place on the HF
bands. Just about everyone of these ESSB stations cause a lot of interference
on adjacent frequencies.

This curse called ESSB has spread around the world. Just about every second JA
SSB station that I hear has such excessive amount of bass frequencies. Its bad
enough having to deal with accents without someone sounding like a monkey in a
drain pipe.

The YB stations  are the worst. Ask anyone about the splatter on the 40 meter
band caused by YB stations running ESSB equipment flat out.  They are causing
havoc on the CW end of the band with buckshot. This ESSB practice has become
the ham version of CB amplified microphone practice, all knobs to the right!

It was such a pleasure tuning across the 20 meter band with the Scandinavian
contest running. All the Scandinavian stations  were all using excellent
communications quality well processed audio, it was a pure delight to my ears.
Even stations that were S1 could be understood.

I must also congratulate all the Scandinavians for operating their equipment
with such professionalism. There was hardly any splatter from most of the big
guns. 40  db over S9 signals and all were clean, amazing.

I was using a club station K3. The Narrow SSB filters combined with DSP
filtering are superb in contest conditions. I even had 1 or 2 stations pegging
the K3's S-meter. I just adjusted the narrow bandwidth and they  were gone like
magic.

The good think about contests these days is that you dont hear any ESSB bassy
audio stations around. I am starting to love contesters just for this reason
alone! I used to hate contesters, now I appreciate them like a good symphony
orchestra, especially when they run well adjusted SSB transmitters. Yup, you
can blame ESSB for my born again conversion!

John