Hi,

If you have the FM filter you do not need the AM filter for listening to AM
broadcasts with envelope detection. The FM filter is plenty good enough as
the DSP allows you to set any bandwidth you please up to about 4.2kHz audio
bandwidth (or thereabouts). This is wider than the 6kHz AM filter would
allow and is really nice on strong, interference free signals. I am really
looking forward to the arrival of the SAM detector though. I also use SSB
mode when conditions are difficult as with strong selective fading. I do not
have the AM filter as I have no desire to transmit AM.

AB2TC - Knut