W5OV wrote:

> Would it be reasonable to have an alternative "SWL" selection of bands
> available as a CONFIG option?
>
> It could be as simple as BANDS: HAM / SWL
>
> When in SWL mode, no transmit would be possible and the various SWL bands
> could be "band-upped" or "band-downed" to change from one to the other.
> Maybe show SWL somewhere on the display to indicate that one is in SWL mode.

This is still quite complex. I'd go for something simpler, namely a
single SWL "band" that contains all of the frequencies outside the ham
bands. The SWL "band" could be placed between 6 meters and 160 meters in
the BAND switch's rotation, and would always contain the last
non-amateur frequency used.

The existing CONFIG:BND MAP menu item could be used to enable/disable
this feature: SWL IN would enable the new feature, SWL OUT would restore
the existing modus operandi for those who prefer it.

73,
Rich VE3KI