I can also get around the bands (ham and SWBC) just fine. I suppose
the BAND switch is "straight forward" if you know that that it divides
the K3's entire HFcoverage range into ten "bands", each one having an
amateur radio allocation somewhere within:

0.5 to 3.0 MHz
3.0 to 4.8
4.8 to 6.0
6.to 9
9 to 13
13 to 17
17 to 19
19 to 23
23 to 26
26 to 30

It is understandable how general coverage users can be confused. The
BAND switch is really a HAM BAND switch with extended boundaries.

73,
Drew
AF2Z