Hi Steve,

> How about a "Take me back to the ham band macro button"?

Yes, that's essentially what the scheme I described with the M1-M4
buttons does.  You wouldn't have to set up all 4 buttons like I did.
Here's how you could set it up with just one:

1. Go to the 160m band.

2. Set VFO A to your favorite frequency in that band (say, 1.9 MHz)

3. Set the mode to whatever you want.

4. Press V>M then the M1 button (or M2, M3, or M4)

5. Now, any time your VFO is in the range of 0.5 to 2.9 and you press
M>V followed by M1, you'll go to 1.9 MHz and the mode will be set to
whatever you used in step 3.

6. Now go to 80m and repeat steps 2 - 4, using the same button in step
4.  Repeat for 60m, 40m, 30m, etc.  All 11 bands.

Once you have all 11 bands set up this way, then no matter what
frequency you're on, anywhere in the K3's range, pressing M>V,M1 will
take you to your favorite frequency in the nearest ham band. You don't
have to know the boundaries or anything.

If you really want a one-button solution, set things up as described
above and then try this macro in PF2:

     SWT23;SWT21;

(which just taps the M>V key followed by the M1 key.)

Hope this helps

73
--
Joe KB8AP