Brett,

I believe the answer to most of your fears is to purchase a new
screwdriver and yes, make up that BOM list and place an order.  Replace
what needs replacing and be done with it.

While you are replacing, check the grounding points on the panels and
you may have some improvement in grounding afterwards.  If you are
camming out screws with your current screwdriver, then it is likely they
are not adequately tightened either.

73,
Don W3FPR