--- On Mon, 1/4/10, ab2tc <ab...@arrl.net> wrote:
I do feel bad for my fellow hams in most other  countries who are not as
fortunate.

Yeah but they get all of that "free" health care.

Imagine what it would cost them if the US dollar was still a hard currency
instead of Monopoly money.  And it works against us going the other direction.

For example: I just got back from the post office where I bought sixty
International first-class airmail stamps for $58.80 and my credit union where I
got 100 $1.00 bills.  DX hams want two or three dollars now for a direct QSL
reply, so this
 may cover 60 outgoing QSLs, if I add in the dollar bills in my wallet.