Guy,

In support of what you are communicating, I have been purchasing
refurbished (and off-lease) IBM computers for some time now.  They are
always quite reliable and last me longer than other new computers that I
have purchased in the past.

The refurbished K3 DSP boards carry the full 1 year Elecraft warranty,
so they are "good as new", and since most of the early life failures
have already occurred, they can actually be "better than new".

73,
Don W3FPR