I see where you are coming from, but with a 2.1 why bother with the
1000 roofing filter (that's a question, not a criticism), since for
casual operation the DSP should suffice.  But since you DON'T have a
2.7/2.8 installed, how are you tricking the system?  You telling it
that the 2.1 is a 2.7?  Why do you "have to remove one of the filters
I want to use"?

In my lineup I have 250, 400, 1.8, 2.7, and 6.  For casual CW I
frequently use width at 800 (thus invoking the 1.8 roofer) around 500
Hz.  For digital I use 2.7 width and let the computer watch the entire
bandwidth.

Some time ago I asked why one did not transmit CW through the narrow
filter to limit bandwidth.  I never quite got that answered.  Some
speculated that had to do with products of phase distortion in the
narrow filters. I don't recollect an official answer.

My personal *guess* at this point is that it has something to do with
FCC type acceptance.

73, Guy.