There are the following issues with mime handling in cygwin. I've tried both the
latest pre-release 0.12pre5 and the latest stable 0.11.6.

1. In the function do_type_query (session/download.c), the variable 'handler',
which
comes from the get_mime_type_handler call in setup_download_handler in the
same file, is NULL. Thus the dialog box that comes up when you hit say 'view
image' has the title "Unknown type" (from the 'else'  block in do_type_query)
but
mentions the correct mime type in the text, for example:
What would you like to do with the file 'blah.png' (type: image/png)?

2. Since there's no mime handler, none of the 'set mime.handler.*' options in
elinks.conf work, so in the above dialog box, the program field is blank, no
matter how the file handling is configured.

3. If I actually manually type in a program name, the % should represent the
filename but it gets badly mangled: there is an error of the following sort
from the application:
Could not find file c:cygwintmpelinks22d184.0.blah.png (something like that).

If anyone has come across these issues and has solutions for them, I'd really
appreciate it. I love elinks, but am unable to fully use it on cygwin. Thanks a
lot.

saurabh