[...]

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:10:02PM EST, Jim Pryor wrote:

> This should be the same as using -force-html. I'm not promising you it
> is the same, but it's supposed to be the same.

Thanks, guys.

I eventually got this to work.

Not sure what I did exactly, but I defined a file extension of "stdin"
alongside the other stuff such as "png", "txt", etc. and associated it
with text/plain and set the default MIME-type to text/plain as well and
the popup disappeared.

Mind you, I did not run a test after each and every individual change to
my config, so may have changed something else as well.

Naturally the new setup means that if I need the popup such as when I
follow a link that points to something like a zip file or a jpeg, I
don't get the popup, which I would normally have used to 'Save' the
target - i.e.  download it as I am used to do. But I can work around
this by hitting the 'd' (for download) key (or select download on the
context menu that pops up when I hit 'L') .. so it's just a matter of
changing my habits.

Believe me, I was getting rather frustrated about this whole issue and
you definitely gave me a push in the right direction.

Have a nice weekend.

CJ