RobertCZ wrote:

2) There seems to be less of a traditional web (server) programing and more of client Java/JavaScript work.

Look at this AJAX stuff... Users want more flexible and more responsive web apps and more and more of the functionality move to the client. I'm these days spending as much time in JavaScript as in Embperl and then Embperl is just thin layer around SQL database with maybe a bit of XML added to the mix. You don't even need Perl for this, any decent SQL database can return results in XML these days...

P.S. There're some JavaScript toolkits, but I never liked any of them... Ideally, the JS would be generated automatically on the server, something like Embperl 2 form validation... Comments, ideas? Maybe we could have some cool EP extension - it would definitively helped Embperl propagation... ;-)

- Robert