oops - editing below

___cliff rayman___ wrote:

It seems that when a REDIRECT is requested, apache/mod_perl chooses to call back into itself, or resuse the same connection. In any case, when certain redirects occur, the session is not written and the next connection to use the process now has the same session id and session data. It is not yet clear if this only happens when a new user comes without a SET-COOKIE in the header, or if the SET-COOKIE is being ignored.

When we have a user in the page: https://www.xulucorp.com/company/cartartwork.html and we redirect back to the same page (not sure this is a good idea in any case),

then when a new user reuses this process

the new user gets the existing session.

We are redirecting as follows:
$rdrloc=”https://www.xulucorp.com/company/cartartwork.html”;
$http_headers_out{'Location'} = [ $rdrloc, 302 ]; # we have tried with 301

Our routines are run from the html page using Execute with import set to true, and clean defaulted (from the manual - set to zero). I have a feeling that the CLEANUP handler is not being called, so the session is not being written and $udat is not being cleared. The next user of the process just inherits the session and the data.

I found a thread where someone was having a similar problem, by I don't see it being solved: http://www2.ecos.de/~mailarc/embperl/2002-12/msg00053.html <http://www2.ecos.de/%7Emailarc/embperl/2002-12/msg00053.html>

---------------------
Server specs:

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)
perl, v5.8.3 built for i386-linux-thread-multi
mod_perl/1.99_12
Embperl 2.0b11
Apache/2.0.50

I may try it with CLEANUP set to 1 for immediate, but I am not sure if that has any adverse effects besides server performance. We have had similar issues when we used LOCATION redirects that were not absolute, but the example above is an absolute redirect and the problem still exists.

Anyone have any ideas why this problem is occuring and what we need to do to correct it?

Thanks for all your help,
Cliff